[ale] multiple ports on iptables?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Tue Apr 24 14:21:30 EDT 2001

I'm mucking with my firewall again.  One app I have uses multiple ports,
auto-negotiatiated and I can specify a range from 50000-50030, can you
do a range on a line?  I tried and it didn't like it.  I didn't want to
put 30 individual rules in place.

Also, I have this:

  # I'm using logging and reject with my cleanup rule, these are both
  # optional modules
  /sbin/iptables -N cleanup
#  /sbin/iptables -A cleanup -j LOG --log-prefix "Firewall " --log-level debug
  /sbin/iptables -A cleanup -j LOG
  /sbin/iptables -A cleanup -j REJECT

Nothing is being logged either.  I haven't worked with iptables, since
I set this firewall up and probably won't again for quite a while.

Thoughts?

Robert

:wq!
                                \_       that important!