[ale] prompt

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Fri Apr 20 20:26:45 EDT 2001

>>>>> "Chris" == ChrisColeman  <ChrisColeman at mail.clayton.edu> writes:

    Chris>  In a bash shell: PS1='[ \u@\h \t ]$ '

    Chris> Should add the time to your prompt

        The infinitely superior Z shell</flame-bait :> has a really
neat feature, the RPROMPT parameter.  It basically is like PS1, but
displays flush right (unless you write a command line long enough to
run into it, which will make it dissapear).  I have things set thusly:

      RPROMPT='%*'

        Which results in a prompt like:

freebie:~/tmp/src 422> _                                         20:20:22

        Whenever you get a new prompt thrown up, it'll put up the
current time.  And it stays over on the right side out of the way.

770 933-0600 x211(w)  |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=