[ale] Maybe a stupid statement

Chris Fowler ChrisF at computone.com
Thu Apr 19 18:21:30 EDT 2001

I'm reading the Netra T1 faq from Sun and have stumbled across this statement:

10. Where do I connect my monitor, keyboard, and mouse?

You don't. The Netra T1 AC200 server has been designed from the ground up as a rack-mount compute element. No frame buffer is on board or even qualified. There is no keyboard or mouse or even parallel port on the Netra T1 AC200 server as frequently the server will be remotely managed. To locally manage the server, you have to connect to the console (TTY A) port and manage via a VT terminal. A USB port is available for adding a keyboard/mouse if needed.

Question:
What good does a mouse and keyboard server without a monitor?

Chris