[ale] A little gripe

Jim Philips jcphil at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 19 17:47:08 EDT 2001

Maybe I'm wrong in asking, but is technology supposed to be hard to use?
There are so many things to master in the world of computers that nobody is
master of them all. I understand your frustrations. But I'm not any smarter
than the users you are supporting when it comes to network hardware and I
don't intend to be. And there are whole professions within the computer
world where this isn't expected and isn't going to be. A more fruitful
question to ask is this one: Why hasn't the computer industry put more
effort into making network hardware simple?