[ale] Kernel 2.4.x and FTP

Joseph A. Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 13 16:14:46 EDT 2001

Michael Smith wrote:

> Wasn't something implemented in 2.4 that will only allow you to go to web
> sites or  ftp sites if the site supported a certain protocol.  I remember
> someone mentioning that this option needed to be turned off when you compile
> your 2.4 kernel or you couldn't surf to certain sites.
>
> Anyone remember this thread of conversation about 2.4?
>
> I think this could solve your problem.....

Explicit Congestion Notification. 2.4 supports it, many routers
don't; you have to disable it in the kernel to play nice with
everything on the Internet. I don't know how to do that offhand,
but Google is your friend.

--
"If I ever get reincarnated... let me make certain I don't come back
 as a paperclip." -- protagonist, H Murakami's "Hard-boiled Wonderland"