[ale] Sparc10

Dave Brooks db at amorphous.org
Mon Apr 9 12:06:07 EDT 2001

>From the comment below, a floppy drive is very well bootable on a sun,

but not for solaris.  You can make a sparc boot floppy for RH or Debian.
Make one and try a 'boot floppy' from the ok prompt.

Do a google search for sparc iso's.  If I were you, I would go with Debian,
simply because RH discontinued their sparc port due to disinterest with 6.2,
so the latestand greatest wont be available for sparc on redhat any longer
(this probably means RPMs, unless you want to --rebuild, which probably
wont be your best option on a sparc10).  Debian iso's can be easily built
off their webpage using the pseudo image kit.  I just installed on my sparc4,
it works great.

DAB

--
david a. brooks