[ale] Setting the date/time

Gary MacKay gary at edisoninfo.com
Wed Apr 4 08:48:14 EDT 2001

Ok, here is your laughter for today. What is the proper syntax for setting
the date and time? I've read the man pages, etc. and nothing seems to
work. We just switched to daylight savings time, and for some reason my
server didn't follow. I just realized it today. :< Anyway, the man page
says to issue a "date --set=MMDDhhmm" so, wouldn't that be something like
"date --set=04040808" for April 4 at 8:08am ?? I've tried adding the
century on the end, etc, nothing works. Why is setting the time so hard?

- Gary