[ale] StarOffice won't start

hirsch at zapmedia.com hirsch at zapmedia.com
Tue Apr 3 09:02:52 EDT 2001

hirsch at zapmedia.com writes:
 > I'm having a problem with StarOffice 5.2 that maybe someone has seen
 > before.
 >
 > In the last week staroffice won't start up.  I've been using it for
 > about a year and last week it began not running.  It doesn't fail, it
 > just hangs there.

Following a suggestion of Jim Philips (who had *not* seen this before)
I started investigating my java installation.  I had recently moved my
java installation around but StarOffice wasn't informed.  There is
supposed to be a way to point to a new java, but since it wasn't
starting in the first place that was impossible.

In the file user/config/javarc under my StarOffice directory I edited
all the paths there to point to my java installation.  Once I got
those right StarOffice starts right up.

Thanks Jim,

--Michael