[ale] OT: Looking for good theme for network names

Stephen Lastinger s.lastinger at computernetdesign.com
Thu Sep 28 15:32:48 EDT 2000

....Well when I orginally set up my company's I used weapons.  Actually
it started out as "murder weapons" (not quite sure what this says about
my mental state at the time ; )  and then it became just weapons in
general.

     I'm on my laptop, icepick.  The gameing server is uzi, the cd
production station is sabre, an old pentium 75 is flintlock.  Howitzer
and napalm are lab machines.  And I gave away switchblade last year as a
christmas present to an apprentice.

     You can dedicate classes of weapons (swords, rifles, ninja assc.)
to types of machines (x86, mac, etc.)  and the more powerful the
machine, the more powerful the weapon.

     ...Then again, if you went with this scheme then people might look
at you funny too.

-Stephen