[ale] OT: Looking for good theme for network names

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at dvsg.sciatl.com
Thu Sep 28 09:02:01 EDT 2000

Chuck Mattern wrote:

> This is just a little off topic here because I'm looking for a good naming
> scheme for a network comprised largely of Linux machines.  I'm hoping to find
> something out of literature but not too heavy (I remember the story of the
> four laser printers of the apocalypse).  Currently I have a hodge-podge and am
> in the process of a major clean up so it seems an apt time to re-address and
> rename the machines.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

Overdone themes:
7 dwarves
Tolkein
Robert Jordan/other author-of-the-month
planets

Common, but boring:
owners

Useful, but noninspiring:
the elements
constellations

common but weird:
drugs

suggestions:
countries, cities, sports/teams, bands/music groups, words from a foreign
language
--
Pete Hardie                   |   Goalie, DVSG Dart Team
Scientific Atlanta            |