[ale] User restrictions

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Sun Sep 3 02:26:09 EDT 2000

On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 01:01:19PM -0400, Scott Nolde wrote:
> On a RH6.2 system, how do I restrict logged in users from seeing
> anything outside their ~/user directory?

If you don't trust them that much, don't give them an account.  Seriously.

you could chroot the shell they use, but then you'll break a LOT of
things, especially if you want to let them actually _do_ anything.

 - Pizza
Solomon Peachy                                        pizza at cc.gatech.edu
I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.                        +1(404)294-6978
Patience comes to those who wait.                            ICQ #1318344
    ...It's not "Beanbag Love", it's a "Transanimate Relationship"...