[ale] User restrictions

Tomas tomas at kahuna.clayton.edu
Sat Sep 2 14:17:04 EDT 2000

You could do this, but it would be real ugly man.  all shell scripts have to be readable, plus all configuration scripts have to be coppied to your ~ dir and must be readable.  Also you have to consider things like /var/spool/mail

but if you insist log in as root

chmod -R o-r /
chmod -R g-r /

let me stress that i would never execute either of those commands on my computer

Tomas

On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 01:01:19PM -0400, Scott Nolde wrote:
> On a RH6.2 system, how do I restrict logged in users from seeing
> anything outside their ~/user directory?
>
> - Scott
> --
> Never do Windows again with  |  Scott M. Nolde
> Linux!  No streaks, haze or  |  smnoldelinux at mediaone.net
> glaze!                       |
> 12:55pm up 1 day, 15:56, 3 users, load average: 1.10, 1.10, 1.04

Tomas

tomas at kahuna.clayton.edu
http://kahuna.clayton.edu/~tomas