[ale] DOS error

Tomas tomas at kahuna.clayton.edu
Sun Oct 22 11:56:36 EDT 2000

Ok here goes.  I installed debian the other night and even though I didnt think it would work I tried to install lilo in the MRB.  Well when I went to reboot neither linux or windows would boot from the hard drive.  luckily I had also made a boot floppy and was able to get into linux.  However I still cant boot windows.  All in all I wouldn't care too much, but my wife who uses windows does.  Therefore I care.  I have made a dos boot disk and booted off my 98 cd and was able to do a fdisk /mbr.  So now windows begins to boot off the hard drive.  The problem im having though is that none of the ways I can boot in dos/windows can see the hd.  if i try
A:\>C:\

i get and invalid error
same error as if i did
A:\>C:\

has anyone seen this error before?  Is it time to format and reinstall?  please let me know

--
Tomas
tomas22 at mindspring.com
http://kahuna.clayton.edu/~tomas