[ale] gcc memory leak?

Eric Z. Ayers eric.ayers at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 16 20:52:22 EDT 2000

You can report it, but you'd better have a pretty concise test case if
you want anyone to do something about it.  In my experience, the
2.95.2 release is "virtually unmaintained".  You can find patches to
it floating around here and there.  Our compaq Tru64 compiler wouldn't
work without a few patches, but I don't know where they came from!
We noticed that memory consumption on the 2.95.2 release isn
higher. We had one large source file that did the same thing - made
the machine keel over because of a very large function it was trying
to compile.  We ended up just adding more swap and RAM. We had to use
gcc 2.95 because 2.7.2 created a buggy object file...

-Eric.