[ale] Authentication for network access

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Wed Nov 29 14:56:53 EST 2000

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Chris Ricker wrote:
> stuff) to do exactly what you want (people with laptops log in using their
> email username and password, that gets authenticated, and then the router is
> given the green light to start sending them packets).  It works exactly like
> Unfortunately, I think it's an in-house project which Cisco (?) is taking
> commercial, so I'm not sure how much they'll share at this point, but the

Well, if I was to use a Linux box as the router, I have enough faith in
myself to be able to script that, and don't need Cisco's help...especially
seeing how we have a buncha cabletron stuff here! :)

Johnathan's idea was good as well, but we don't really want to worry about
a proxy, which in my opinion would limit what they could do, which is
something I don't want to deal with - I remember being a student! :)

	-Dan