[ale] Trouble with Linksys 10/100 pcmcia and recompiled kernel

Ken Nagorski kenn at pcintelligent.com
Sat Nov 18 03:52:47 EST 2000

Well have you checked that the cardmgr is running? try this...

ps ax | grep cardm

also, see what modules are loaded. do lsmod and see if you see somehting
that looks like this

pcmcia_core            48416   0  [cb_enabler ds i82365]

You can also use carctl to see what the compouter thinks it has. You
should see somehting like this...

kenn-laptop# cardctl status
Socket 0:
  no card
Socket 1:
  3.3V cardbus card present
  Function 0: ready
kenn-laptop#

If the modules aren't loaded look in /lib/modules/2.2.xx/pcmcia
from there you can use insmod if they are not. I am not really a redhat
person so I can't say what to do is you want to get them to start at boot.
I think you need to look in /etc/conf.modules or somehting and add an
entry to that.

I hope that helped out.

Thanks
Ken

--
I've got all the money I'll ever need if I die by 4 o'clock.
                -- Henny Youngman