[ale] eth1?

Joe jknapka at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 10 11:47:45 EST 2000

"Robert L. Harris" wrote:

> hmm,
>   I tried this, wondering if it might be it, but no change.
> Thoughts?
>

> > maybe this will work.
> >
> > add these lines to modules.conf
> >
> > alias eth0 ne
> > alias eth1 ne
> > options ne io=0x6200 irq=18
> > --

That would only be likely to work if the cards are ne2k compatible, which the Netgear

cards are not. Also only if they are compiled as modules, which Robert said they are
not.

If these are ISA cards, verify the IRQ and IO port settings and add the appropriate
arguments to the kernel command line. I expect you will only need to do that for
the FA301, since the 310 is certainly a PCI card (right?) and is doubtless the one
that
is being detected and configured.

HTH,

-- Joe Knapka