[ale] Wireless/where's the archive?

Joe Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 8 14:16:10 EST 2000

Hi folks,

I'm pretty sure I've seen a discussion of this nature go
by on the list recently, but I can't seem to find the
list archives. Pointers appreciated. Anyway:

Is anyone using the Lucent Orinoco 802.11b wireless network
cards under Linux? How about the Orinoco "residential gateway"
access point? I want to let my NT laptop talk wirelessly to
my existing wired network, and continue using the Linux masq
firewall for Internet access. I've heard bad things about
the Orinoco access point though, so I'm considering buying
a pair of PCMCIA cards and using an ISA<-->PCMCIA adapter to
shoehorn one of them into the firewall. Anyone tried something
like that? Any recommendations for alternatives?

Thanks,

-- Joe

--
*** Joseph Knapka ***
In any formula, constants (especially those obtained from handbooks)