[ale] Star Office & jetadmin printers

Frank Zamenski fzamenski at voyager.net
Thu Nov 2 06:55:19 EST 2000

Good morning.

I've a RH 6.1 box with Star Office 5.1 and HP JetAdmin (somewhat recent ver,
but I'm not at work and don't recall which). JetAdmin sees all TCPIP
printers on the LAN and test prints work great. However, I don't see those
printers available under Star Office (should I?), only the local default
queue shows up. Not sure why this should be (Linux printing is not a strong
skill), I downloaded this from Sun a long while ago so I've no docs, nor is
the SO 'help' of any real help. Probably something simple(?), I'm guessing
several queues have to be built that point to those printers, afterwhich SO
will see them(?). Any suggestions, solutions, or a URL to any help etc to
make this easier would be appreciated. Thanks much.

-fgz