[ale] XFree86 4.0.1 & nVidia's drivers..

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Sun Jul 30 18:03:05 EDT 2000

Anyone have some luck with this thing?

I have it working fine with the XFree86 'nv' driver, but when I switch
over to the nvidia driver, I end up with a 23 meg core file.  According to
the logs, it happens immediately after the CorePointer is initialized.
nVidia's FAQ is of no help.  The kernel module loads just fine.

My system's originally a RH6.2 box (been modified quite a bit..) , but I
snagged the Mandrake cooker XF4.0.1-5 RPMs, which appear to work.

Granted, XF401 is faster than 336, but I'd really like to get the DLX
stuff working so I can play Terminus.. :)

Anyway, it's a SMP box, with 2.2.17pre13 on a generic TNT2 board.  Not
overclocked or anything like that.  It also coredumps on the stock RH62
2.2.14smp kernel.

I can't snag rawhide RPMs without replacing critical chunks of my system
(including the C libraries and parts of PAM) with the rawhide stuff.  I
don't want to compile X from scratch.. I really like RPMs because I can
easily uninstall 'em.  :)

Any suggestions?

 - Pizza
Solomon Peachy                                        pizza at cc.gatech.edu
I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.                        +1(404)294-6978
Patience comes to those who wait.                            ICQ #1318344
    ...It's not "Beanbag Love", it's a "Transanimate Relationship"...