[ale] Megaraid

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. critter at wizvax.net
Sun Jul 30 08:31:54 EDT 2000

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Ken N wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	I was wondering if anyone has ever used a megaraid before? I am
> running redhat 6.2 and the raid detects and the module loads, but it only
> sees the first scsi device which is not in the raid the other two are in
> a raid one config (sdb and sdc) Does anyone know where I would start to
> try and access this raid drive? I am having no luck on AMI's site so far.

I've used them with NT before.  Let me get this straight, you have three
physical devices on the RAID controller, with one configured to run solo
and the other two configured to be a RAID array?

If this is correct, then you should only see sda and sdb in your
system.  sda would be the solo device and sdb would be the other two
devices combined.

This raid controller (as many others) will present to the OS some number
of logical drives that is not necessarily equal to the number of physical
drives, but to the OS, they will appear to be physical.  For this reason,
you need to be certain of your RAID controller's configuration.

--
Critter at Wizvax.Net
Don't Steal - The government hates competition.