[ale] suse 6.4

Patrick tewkewl at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 29 15:37:52 EDT 2000

Run yast. go into "choose/install packages", select "install packages",
push the down arrow and a menu will come up.  select ftp, directory, or
floppy.    If you have all your rpm's you want to install or update in one
directory, just type that directory in as the path and you will see a list
of yoru rpms.  At this point it works just like the expert version of the
setup. You select with the space bar and I believe it's F10 to install.

It's best to do it this way instead of manually rpm'ing it.  This will throw
the rpm info in the database of software installed and version, and run
suseconfig against the install.

Hope this helps..

-Patrick