[ale] PC Power Problems

George Gallen ggallen at slackinc.com
Fri Jul 28 11:17:31 EDT 2000

How Old is the UPS?

I had a smaller one (a 200va I believe) for one system, which would
mysteriously lose power every 14 days to the minute. When I took the
UPS out of the loop, it stopped.

Check your UPS by pulling the plug while the computers are on and
see if the systems go down.

As well, when we had another system that was too large a load, this
would happen.

As well, do you have a laser printer plugged into the UPS? Unless you
have a Very large UPS don't plug them into it.

Did the systems come back up, or just stay off?

George