[ale] opinion on video cards

Mike Kachline kachline at brightstar.gt.ed.net
Wed Jul 26 18:09:49 EDT 2000

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Jeb W Barger wrote:

> Anybody got any advice on a decent, cheap video cards
> (AGP) that will work under RH6.2 and Win2K?
<snip>
	Jeb,

	At work, I've got Dual headed display working on an AGP Voodoo3
and PCI "number 9" using (a compiled, ie, not RH 6.2 "stock") XFree 4.0;
so I would definately recommend the Voodoo3. At home I'm running a PCI
Voodoo3 under Redhat 6.1, also with no problems.
Pricewatch.com is showing these cards on the order of about $65 in
cost, so, they're not too bad. I've found the Voodoo3 to be a
great "workhorse" card under Linux.... I'm almost positive that it's
support would be very good under Win2k too (It is under NT4 and '95), but,
you'll have to hit 3dfx's site (or someone else could post their
experiences).

		$0.02,
			- Mike
Michael Kachline