[ale] RoadRunner

Robert Butera rbutera at ece.gatech.edu
Tue Jul 25 20:37:24 EDT 2000

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Jennifer Taylor wrote:

> I use @home in the Savannah area, and as far as their user agreement is
> concerned they do state specifically that you are not allowed to run web
> or other services from your connection to them (if you have residential

I am getting @home installed next week, and will drop them in a second
once DSL gets available (we really want to host our own server at home).

Besides the above restriction, when I ordered service yesterday, I was
told that they will not proceed with the installation "if your computer
is connected to a network."

So the box they will be installing the cable modem on is sitting in a
storeroom in my basement, directly beneath and 8-port hub mounted on the
wall, "running" Win95 with an old VGA 13" 640x480 display.  I guess the hub
won't actually be connected to the computer when they arrive :)

Robert Butera, Assistant Professor
Institute for Bioengineering and Biosciences
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, 30332-0363 USA
--> http://www.ece.gatech.edu/users/rbutera/