[ale] RoadRunner

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 25 19:59:44 EDT 2000

Gary,

RoadRunner does no upstream (or downstream) filering.  They do
occasionally scan their network looking for open-email-relays and
anon-ftp servers with poorly configured 'incoming' directories.  I ran
7 websites on my MediaOne/RoadRunner cable modem up until last weekend
when I moved them to another location because I am preparing to move.
I ran all those sites on one 'very-static' DHCP address which hasn't
changed since last November.  MediaOne and RoadRunner don't care about
what you do on their network, as long as you don't reduce the QoS that
other customers receive.

On a side note, AT&T, having recently purchased MediaOne, will be
switching RR customers over to @Home begining sometime around Jan 1,
2001.  I don't know firsthand, but I have heard that @Home is a much
more restrictive network.

-Jim P.