[ale] ALSA & RH 6.2

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Tue Jul 25 12:40:10 EDT 2000

I'd like to try ALSA drivers on my RH6.2 box. Does anyone know of specific
issues I should know about in such a configuration?

The _one_ issue I do know about is that I have _no_ idea if there are
unusual procedures in installing separately compiled kernel modules. The
way I'm reading the docs, the procedure should be to  compile the sources
with switches to install to the correct module subdirectories, modify
/etc/conf.modules, reboot and test. Have I missed something?

Thanks for the feedback

The harder I work, the luckier I get.
                    Lee Iocca
Thompson Freeman          tfreeman at digichem.net