[ale] Red Hat 6.1 Hard Drive always accessing

Douglas Knudsen dtk at math.ufl.edu
Mon Jul 17 22:43:06 EDT 2000

Are you sure it is running?  I have a similar problem with one of my
harddrives.  The red access LED light stays on constantly.  I can't figure it
out.  I pull the drive and put a different one in and the problem goes away, so
I am convinced it is the HD not the IDE device, but thats it.

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Chris Cillo wrote:

> My hard drive seems to be running constantly. Anyone have any ideas why?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Cheers!
Douglas Knudsen
Alltel Information Services
Internal Support and Development   <--Hey!  These views are MINE!

"Nuclear war would really set back cable."
                -- Ted Turner

"Guns don't kill people, physics does!"
John Lithgow, 3rd Rock from the Sun      <--thanks giancarlo

Got Linux?  http://www.linuxmall.com