[ale] Creative CD DVD and Ensonic 1370

Armsby John-G16665 John.Armsby at motorola.com
Mon Jul 17 11:00:31 EDT 2000

I currently run red hat 2.0.35 (5.1) with a 4Front Technologies driver to
enable my Creative DVD CDROM to play tunes through my pci 128 (Ensonic 1370)
sound card.  Attempts to upgrade to red hat 5.2 and 6.1 results in a machine
which works great EXCEPT the cdrom won't play tunes.  Everything else works.
I can mount the cdrom etc.  I have RealPlay installed and it plays mp3 files
through the card to the speakers with the 5.2 and 6.1 upgrades.  I ended up
dropping back to 2.0.35.

I have simple knowledge about recompiling kernels.  I can go through
xconfig, make dep, and (because I am cautious) make bzdisk.  I don't really
feel comfortable with patches (ignorant). The instructions could be improved
upon...

Can someone point me toward a FAQ or previous post.  I KNOW others have had
this problem.

John