[ale] quotas

Marc Vogt mtv at theor.chemistry.gatech.edu
Thu Jul 13 22:37:18 EDT 2000

I'm having a problem with setting quotas.

I used edquota to create the quotas and then did quotaon for the filesystem
and it came back with successful output.
But the user's quota info that I altered doesn't show their usage
which is around 350 Mbytes and that scares me.  The quota for my user account
works just fine.

Disk quotas for mtv (uid 103):
Filesystem     usage  quota  limit    timeleft  files  quota  limit    timeleft
/home/grp    367271 400000 650000               6744  10000  15000

the bad user

# quota -v noah
Disk quotas for noah (uid 115):
Filesystem     usage  quota  limit    timeleft  files  quota  limit    timeleft
/home/grp         0 400000 500000                  0  10000  15000

I also tried to just remount the filesystem but that didn't help.
Any ideas on why theusage shows zero?

thanks

Marc