[ale] EQL with Earthlink/Mindspring?

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Mon Jul 10 09:52:30 EDT 2000

On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, Christopher S. Adams wrote:
> Copied from my usage stats page:
> Simultaneous Hours: MindSpring offers simultaneous logins on the same
> account. In the past, if two family members shared an account and both tried
> to log in at the same time, one person's connection would drop. Now both
> family members can be logged in at the same time.

However, EQL is more than just having multiple connections going.  IIRC,
doesn't the remote end need to know that you are doing load balancing and
support it as well?  When I had EQL working with a Telebit NetBlazer (and
it works well) I had to create a special login and let it know I'd be
bonding those two lines together.