[ale] Mail program questions

Gary Maltzen maltzen at mm.com
Fri Jul 7 18:11:02 EDT 2000

Yes, I have both my work and home mail clients set to leave mail on the
server for 'N' days so that I can read messages in both places.

I think you MISS the point.

OK, you've downloaded the message using POP3; now what can your POP3 client
do with the mail on the server?

With IMAP you can move the individual mail item to a different
(server-based) folder. With IMAP you can delete individual messages from the
server.

POP3 does have the capability of deleting each specific item from the server
spool, but I know no client that supports this at the user interface.