[ale] ftp access

Gary Maltzen maltzen at mm.com
Fri Jul 7 13:37:54 EDT 2000

Assuming that the customers are using unique login names,

 1) the customer must have a username and password on the server

 2) the shell listed (in /etc/passwd) must also appear in /etc/shells

 3) the home directory in /etc/passwd should probably be chroot, e.g.

     account:x:123:456:Description:/home/httpd/./account:/bin/false

 4) that account must have (write) privileges in the directory,
    either as owner or group access

 5) /etc/ftpaccess must allow non-anonymous login, e.g.

     class all real,guest *

 6) /etc/ftpaccess must allow upload to the directory, e.g.

     upload /home/httpd /account yes account group 0440 dirs