[ale] Linux and a third EIDE connection

Yu, Jerry zyu at Ptek.com
Fri Jul 7 09:45:37 EDT 2000

USB support should be pretty decent now, not quite sure about disk.

I've used 3rd IDE controller on a SoundBlaster card to connect a small
IDE disk and it worked fine under RH6.0 and above.

BTW, support or not mostly depends on the kernel version you are at
instead the RedHat release version. `uname -r` to find it out.

good luck.