[ale] Opinion Call: Firewalls for DSL

Jeff Hubbs Jhubbs at niit.com
Wed Jul 5 10:55:49 EDT 2000

Robert -

Thanks for your response and Ray, thanks for yours as well.

I downloaded the Coyote distro and I think I can get somewhere with it.  Is
your FreeBSD solution also a single-floppy deal or did you go forward from a
regular on-hard-drive installation?

I haven't seen the answer to this on the Coyote Web site, but does it have a
reasonable ipchains rule set in place when it's first brought up (I'm
assuming it uses ipchains)?

About the use of a 486:  This particular machine (an NEC Ready 433) has
actually shown to be quite hardy.  I remove the HD and CD-ROM drives, it
should be hardier still by virtue of less heat and less draw on the PS.

- Jeff