[ale] Sendmail Question?

Jared Lyvers mcgregor at lewiscommunications.com
Mon Jul 3 22:14:10 EDT 2000

As best I can tell, every email that is sent is taged w/ an id #.  Then the
file is placed into the /var/spool/mail ( or whatever u set it to ) and for
local users, there is another directory in /var/spool/mail ( or whatever u set
it to ) that will hold there mail que.  Then, sendmail will try and send all
mail in que every five minute ( or whatever u set it to )  until x amount of
time or days and then it will bounce back to sender.

<<--start snipit--
On Mon, 03 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> Grace and Peace!
>
> 	How does sendmail work? What i mean to say is that how sendmail
> handle the message you want to send including your attached document?
>
> 	Thank you in Advanced!
>
> Reji

--end snipit-->>
--
Do, or do not.  There is no try.  --Yoda

Jared Lyvers
System Administrator
Lewis Communications | Birmingham
205.980.0774 x3047