[ale] LinuxPPC image, is it iso9660?

Andrew Newton anewton at ecotroph.net
Wed Dec 13 03:14:07 EST 2000

I ran into the same problem, though I never got to the
bottom of it.

I believe it is a special format designed for Apples.
The reason it isn't ISO9660 and it is this "special"
format is that they wanted it bootable on a Mac.

If you want to know if it worked, but the CD in the
computer and hold down the 'C' key during boot time.
The computer should boot off of the CDROM instead of
the default boot device.

At the end of the day, the safe bet is to order the
CD's from LinuxPPC.com.  I believe the cost is $20
or so.

-Andy