[ale] Administrivia: restrict_post has been turned on

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Thu Dec 7 11:43:32 EST 2000

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Agent Durga wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Wandered Inn wrote:
>
> > What about the suggestion someone made to rotate the responsibility of
> > moderating messages posted by non-list members?  I'll volunteer to do my
> > part.
>
> why not just posted from your subscribed email address?...i personally
> don't feel it's that hard to do, and allows a non-human to control the
> filtering....

The reason lots of people don't want to see ALE closed to just subscribers
is that it gets a lot of legitimate posts from non-subscribers and we are,
after all, here to help.  That, and lots of people here no doubt use
multiple email addresses, so lots of posts from people who are subscribed,
but not using their magic account, will get bounced....

later,
chris

--
Chris Ricker                                               kaboom at gatech.edu