[ale] TV in/out - Still not getting ALE mail...

hirsch at zapmedia.com hirsch at zapmedia.com
Wed Dec 6 08:40:54 EST 2000

Joseph A. Knapka writes:

 > Anyway, some time ago someone on the list was
 > talking about recording Babylon-5 in MPEG
 > format. I'd like to do something similar -
 > basically I want to build a TiVo-like system.
 > I think I have a handle on getting the TV
 > signal into my Linux box and doing the MPEG
 > encode/decode, but I haven't been able to find
 > any solid data on video cards with TV-out
 > supported under Linux. Does anyone have any
 > recommendations for that, or for this kind of
 > thing in general?

I've had pretty good success with the SiS 630 and Intel i810 based
video cards.  Mostly you will find those on motherboards with built in
graphics.

I'm not ure of the status of the ATI boards.  I know ATI is being
helpful and a year ago the All-In-Wonder pro had good TV-in support,
but TV-out was not yet supported.

Good luck,