[ale] Mozilla MI18 questions (Helper apps)

Robert Butera rbutera at ece.gatech.edu
Tue Dec 5 12:02:00 EST 2000

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Fulton Green wrote:

> In the same directory as run-mozilla.sh, there should be another script
> simply named mozilla . This script takes care of setting up the proper
> environment variables and calling run-mozilla.sh. Run that one instead,
> since it's location-independent.

Actually, that one also seems to be location dependent -- in a different
way. "Mozilla" is dependent on the directory that the script "mozilla" is
installed in.

So a "ln -s /usr/local/mozilla/mozilla /usr/local/bin/mozilla" still gives
me errors (Assuming /usr/local/mozilla is not in my path).  BUT, if I add
/usr/local/mozilla to my path, everything works great.

SOLUTION to Helper App problem: DO NOT use the "%s" when specifying the
helper application -- it is implicitly assumed.

Robert Butera, Assistant Professor
Institute for Bioengineering and Biosciences
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, 30332-0363 USA
--> http://www.ece.gatech.edu/users/rbutera/