[ale] WOT: Smoker help?

Dave Brooks db at amorphous.org
Thu Aug 3 05:42:31 EDT 2000

Hah, I check my email once when im out of town, and this is what I see? =)

I agree.  Air-flow is key in the steamer combination you have.  Try
adjusting the vent on the bottom.  Remember, more charcoal isnt necessarily
going to do you any good.  Hotter coals sitting nearer the water arent going
to help much if theres no air moving through.  If there are none, then
contact the vendor or manufacturer, or try and jerry-rig some holes yourself
(not recommended, though, I would probably try this myself).

And who cares if this way off topic.  Kind of a break from the norm if you
ask me =)  You owe all some meat, Robert.

-Dave

Thus spake Jeff Hubbs,
>"Robert L. Harris" wrote:
>
>> Ok,
>>   I can't find a mailing list, etc so I'm hoping someone here might have
>> a clue/linek, etc...
>>
>>   I have a "CharBroil Water Smoker" the wife got me for a present.  It's
>> the kind of smoker that looks like a big trash can.  You put the charcoal
>> in the bottom, a big pot of water on the rack above that, and the meat
>> on the rack above that.
>>
>>   It doesn't seem to be getting hot enough, even if I fill charcoal all
>> the way up above the level.
>>
>>   Anyone have any suggestions/help/links/mailing lists, etc?
>>
>> Robert
>>
>> :wq!
>> Robert L. Harris                |  Micros~1 :
>> Senior System Engineer          |    For when quality, reliability
>>   at RnD Consulting             |      and security just aren't
>>                                 \_       that important!
>> DISCLAIMER:
>>       These are MY OPINIONS ALONE.  I speak for no-one else.
>> FYI:
>>  perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
>>
>> --
>
>Does this set some kind of record for distance off-topic??
>
>Is enough air getting to the charcoal??  There ought to be some kind of vent
>holes that let air in from underneath.
>
>- Jeff
>
>--

david anthony brooks