[ale] Traffic

jj at spiderentertainment.com jj at spiderentertainment.com
Mon Sep 13 12:26:09 EDT 1999

Well, that method I'm trying to avoid as it really consumes the resources. I'm
looking for a program that reads the raw data in the /proc like IPtraf. What
IPtraf does is that it reads all the /proc files, and translates it for a human
to read and best of all it works really great. However IPtraf does not report
the byte transfer per "aliased" interface, it only shows per interface, which is
my problem.

Let's say that I have server with hosting, and suddenly someone starts using
alot of traffic, I want to be able to run this program, let's say for 30
seconds, and in that time frame it will tell me how much traffic each "aliased"
interface has transferred to and from.

Any ideas ?

Thx.