[ale] PCI Sound Blaster Card

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 8 11:23:58 EDT 1999

You are hosed on the winmodems.  No way, no how.  They're a bad idea, even under
Windows, and they only exist because they can be dirt cheap.  The moral of the
story is that these days, for Linux, it's important to avoid built-in hardware
like modems, vid, Ethernet that may require Windows-only drivers.  Is it a plot
from Redmond?  Dunno.