[ale] RH 6.1 and X server software

cfowler cfowler at mail.aimgroup.com
Tue Oct 26 10:21:21 EDT 1999

I'm using both Exceed and Xwin32 to do a X direct connect to
a frehsly install RH 6.1 box.  Exceed gives me no error message and Xwin32 states host is not willing to manage.
I'm runng KDM on the RH box.  Do I need to turn something on on the RH 6.1 to get it to listen to X requests on the network?    This machine also has 2 Nic's and running IP masqurade.  Maybe I need to do something in ipchains?

When using another linux machine and doing

X -query 192.168.1.254 I get:

XDMCP Fatal Error: Manager Unwilling Host unwilling

How can I fix this?

Thanks,
Chris