[ale] cron doesn't seem to do it's job

Jeremy Fincher jfincher at cinci.rr.com
Tue Oct 26 00:03:46 EDT 1999

The goal is to have the cron job run every five minutes.  According to Running
Linux, */5 is proper syntax.  Also, I have gotten it to work previously with
the this syntax.

I actually did find my problem: There was no carriage return at the end of the
line, therefore cron never actually *ran* the command  :-)

Simple, isn't it?  :-)

Thanks for all the ideas though.
Jeremy