[ale] Linksys NE2000 Ether16 card

Zhongbin Yu " <z.yu at premcall.com> Zhongbin Yu " <z.yu at premcall.com>
Wed Oct 13 15:55:38 EDT 1999

or simplly do a one-liner like this:

typeset -i io=200; while :; do echo "guessing port=$io"; /sbin/modprobe
ne io=$io; echo "ctrl-c to stop it if you got no error message, otherwise
hit any key"; read; io=$io+10;done

This is for bash. If you use different shell, you may want to modify the
syntax a little bit. This is one single line.

I used this to find two NE2K (ISA) cards at 0x340.

Jerry Yu
Systems Engineer	| zyu at tc.net
Premiere Technologies	| 404-262-8544(O)	1-800-979-1105 (P)
Atlanta, GA 30326	| ae.tc.net/dept/engineering/op/public/developer/zyu

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Mike Smith wrote:

#	I have the same card and had to use the software linksys provided with the
#card to setup the io and IRQ.  You might want to try running that software
#to set it to an io of 0x320 and irq of 9.  I actually have two of those
#cards at home and they can be tricky to set up.  If you can't get it working
#by tonight, email me at masmith at gw.total-web.net and I will send you the
#settings(lilo.cfg / modules) I am using.  I may have set those up in my
#lilo.cfg file as options.  You might want to try that also.  Try looking at
#the Ethernet HowTo to set up options in the lilo.cfg file.  Good Luck...
#