[ale] Linksys NE2000 Ether16 card

Jay Finch horus at larp.com
Wed Oct 13 14:33:10 EDT 1999

Chris,
         With the ISA Ether16 you need to run their utilities to tell it
which IRQ & Memory Address to use.

You can do this by loading up their driver disk (use a DOS boot disk
first), and go into the \UTILITIES directory and run the SETUP.EXE

It's very simple and will check your settings to make sure that nothing is
conflicting with it.  (I use IRQ9 with Memory Address of 0x320)

Cheers!
Jay
Loyal Linksys user for about 5 years now

At 10:18 AM 10/13/1999 -0700, you wrote:

>I have an isa Ether16 card in RH 6.1 and am trying:
>
>modprobe io=0x320 irq=9
>
>and getting the following message
>NE*000 ethercard probe at 0x320: not found (invalid signature
>42 42).
>ne.c: No NE*000 card found at i/o = 0x320
>
>LinkSys card support states that Ether16 uses module ne.o is
>this correct?
>
>Also there seem to be no plug-n-play setting in the setup of
>this card.
>
>Thanks,
>Chris
>

>----------------
>Christopher Fowler
>cfowler at zfh-csg.penguinpowered.com
>
>-----
>MailStart Plus - http://www.mailstartplus.com
>Consolidate Your Mailboxes Into an Organized, Filtered, Spell-Checked,
>Anywhere, Anytime WebBox

-----
Jay Finch                       : "Well, I'm going to make it all up
President/GKE of NERO-Atlanta   :  to you.  I'm going to show you
(770) 650-0410  (voice)         :  kids the time of your life.  Get
horus at larp.com                  :  ready for 2 weeks at the happiest
pagejay at larp.com (pager)        :  place on Earth ... TIJUANA!"
kateth at bck.org                  :                       -- Crusty the Clown
MTBI Survey says:  ENFJ         :