[ale] Parallel port not found problem

Jim Seymour jseymou5 at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 26 07:50:10 EST 1999

Hi all,
	More problems with my RedHat 6.1 installation. After deciding to go
ahead and use 6.1 without system sounds(from a previous posting). I
have discovered that it does not recognize that I have a printer. The
printer configuration tool does not show my printers port either. It
does not show up in the addresses used either. I have tried disabling
PNP and set my printer port up as a standard port in CMOS. Nothing has
worked thus far. RedHat 6.0 worked great. Any ideas?????

TIA,

Jim Seymour