[ale] mb upgrade question

Chris Kilroy kilroyc at ufl.edu
Mon Nov 22 09:58:14 EST 1999

You can get a Celeron 300a for dirt cheap and you can run it at 502 MHz if
you have a good cooling device (peltier for example).  Mine at home i run at
450MHz cause i'm not in a hurry to burn it out, but it benchmarks as good or
better than a regular PII450 on all counts.

My board is an ABit BH6 which allows you to change the chip settings in the
BIOS setup, a pleasant feature for overclocking.
Don't do it if you need very accurate floating point calculations though.

But my PIII-500 at work is noticibly faster.

Take it easy
chris