[ale] kernel upgrade

Steven Rice stevenrice at marnuke.penguinpowered.com
Sun Nov 21 20:30:31 EST 1999

Since you said your a newbie, I will ask newbie questions:

1) did you enable loop back in the kernel?
2) did you enable ethernet?
3) did you compile the ethernet mods?  Your nic uses the tulip driver (i
think)
4) are the mods loaded? (check with lsmod)
5) have you thought about using SuSE 6.3?  You can do a ftp install if
you have a fast connection and you don't need to lose you /home dir.